Sunday, March 2, 2014

Almost ready for some serious training

As the winter continues to be a nuisance with another snow event scheduled tomorrow I continue to get my my equipment ready to go.  This past week several new pieces of equipment  have joined the stable.  I was in search of a used G3 Powertap so I can train with power if I ever get back outside. Utilizing Search Tempest (great tool) I was able to do a worldwide Craigslist search. After a week of searching everyday I was able to get a nice Enve Composites 65mm Carbon Wheelset with CycleOps PowerTap G3 for $1500.  













I had a great bike fit with Todd Kenyon at TTBIKEFIT in Warren, R.I.  Todd spent 3 hours dialing me in and I now feel more comfortable on my Cervelo. My fit included a new Adamo Road Saddle and Keywin pedals  Tomorrow I will take my bike to Gerry at Trek Stop in Grafton to get my gearing changed.  I will need some extra gears for the Lake Placid hills.  WIth that the bike will be ready.  

Part of the plan for racing Ironman Lake Placid is coming up with some races along the way.  My short schedule will include The New England Season Opener Sprint Tri in Hopkinton, MA., The Quassy REV3 Half Iron Distance in Connecticut, and the 3 Mile CapeCod/Mashpee Open Water "SuperSwim"


My training plan with coach Matt Curbeau of QT2 Systems formally starts on 10 March which is 20 weeks from the start of Lake Placid. In the last couple of weeks Matt has had me do some baseline swim, bike, and run test to establish my heart rate and power zones. I have also been working on my nutrition as well and have lost 10lbs since the 1st of January. Nutrition and weight will be the biggest factor for success and I will be committed to making this priority 1.    
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment