Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Preparation and Planning

I have spent the last week or so getting things in order and reassessing my equipment situation for my Ironman journey.  I have had the same triathlon shoes for over ten years so it was time to get a new pair.  I decided to go with the Bont sub-9  mostly for the anatomical forefoot shape and the very short stack height.  Last year I purchased the Bont Vaypor as my road shoe. 

I also have selected QT2 Systems  1-1 Coaching to get me ready for the Ironman journey.  Matt Curbeau a recently turned Triathlon Pro will help me get this 52 year old body to the starting line ready and able. 
I am also in search of a new wheel set that includes a G3 powertap.  I have been searching the Craigslist universe for a reasonably priced set of Zipp 404 or similar clinchers.  There are plenty out there but I have not found the right price.  My goal is to find a wheel set that can also use on my road bike.    

I also have an appointment with Todd Kenyon of TTBIKEFIT in Warren, RI to make sure I get the most out of my riding with a proper fit and comfort on my bike. 
The preparation continues and I look forward to when I can get back outside on my bike.  If you know of any good wheel deals, drop me a note.   

No comments:

Post a Comment