Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hectic Times for Ironman Training

The last couple of weeks have been very hectic and maintaining my training plan has been a challenge.  Mary lee and I moved from Grafton to Acton, MA. and we love the new location. However, the move and associated effects of two days with movers, three days with painters, two nights in a hotel, unpacking, moving and lifting furniture, packing again for my three day trip to Lake Placid and then Mary lee's trip to San Francisco for the Heart Rhythm Society's Annual Scientific Sessions has certainly taken me off my routine. I needed to get a training plan adjustment from my coach Matt Curbeau of QT2 Systems to get me through the moving week. To make things more stressful, Mary lee's flight to San Francisco had to make an emergency landing in Lincoln, NE due to a lost engine.  We made it through it all and now we are trying to get back to some sort of normalcy although that may be a month away as I'm still looking for stuff that I need. 

My trip to Lake Placid was definitely worth making as it gave me a clear indication of what we are all up against.  The course, specifically the bike course is demanding in locations you wish it were not.  The last 10 miles of each of the 2 bike loops will be the make or break point for many. 




The two loop run course also has two hill sections that will also not make your day and the last gets you back into the village.  Spectators will be there helping you up the hill and you will need it. 


The upcoming week will be a light training week as I have my first race this weekend on Mothers Day.  It is a Sprint Tri in Hopkinton, MA called the Season Opener

No comments:

Post a Comment